WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND
Learn how to:
- Comparing And Contrasting Approaches To Long Term Vehicle Condition Based Maintenance
- Replacing Legacy Equipment With State Of The Art Equipment And Understanding The New Requirements To Maintain And Operate This
- Evolving A Workforce That Is Able To Maintain And Operate Rolling Stock As We Continue Through The Lifecycle And Have Newer Systems Installed And Acquired
- Creating A Solid Structured Maintenance Plan To Achieve The Timely Completion Of Maintenance
- Cost Analysis Of Different Predictive Maintenance Technologies And Establishing The Return On Investment Of Implementing These Technologies
Agenda - Day Two
Day TWO: Wednesday, March 20, 2019
IDENTIFYING WAYS TO MAXIMIZE USE OF YOUR DATA IN ORDER TO MAKE SMARTER DECISIONS FOR MANAGING YOUR MAINTENANCE EFFECTIVELY
08:30 Coffee and Re-registration
09:00 Understanding How Technological Advancements Are Impacting The Future Of Rolling Stock Maintenance
- How does digitization of maintenance in the US compare with European progress?
- What are the most remarkable technological advancements in the industry?
- What can be done to accelerate uptake of new technologies in the industry?
- Where will the industry be in 10 years?
Clive Cashin, Rolling Stock Manager, Serco Middle East
09:25 Questions & Discussion
Case Study - Predictive Analytics
09:30 How To Optimize Your Maintenance With Predictive Analytics - Making Sense Of The Incoming Data
Its essential that agencies obtain payback from data when deciding their approach to maintenance. And more information is not necessarily better information! How do we gauge overall performance and overall health of the system from the data that actually is collected in maintenance information systems? What are the most useful performance indicators to collect data on?
- How to handle and interpret all the data coming in when moving to condition based and predictive maintenance?
- Extrapolation of data, decision making processes and what this triggers when it comes to CBM
- How to standardize data without making the system too cumbersome
- How are other transit agencies using the massive amount of data?
- Ensuring data quality
09:55 Questions & Discussion
PREDICTIVE MAINTENANCE APPLICATIONS - RESULTS FROM THE INDUSTRY - OPERATOR CASE STUDY
10:00 Following The Successful Implementation Of Predictive Maintenance To Successful Outcome, Giving Almost 100% Reliability Of Vehicles (Unless They Meet With An Accident)
- How do I determine whether my fleet would benefit from using predictive maintenance?
- What is the average implementation timeframe?
- What is the proven, real return on investment of implementing new technologies?
- What stumbling blocks can I expect during the implementation?
10:25 Questions & Discussion
10:30 Reserved for Conference Sponsor
Lee Braybrooke, Director of Marketing, Trimble Rail
10:40 Questions & Discussion
10:45 Refreshment Break In The Networking And Exhibition Area
Condition Based Maintenance Case Study
11:15 Looking At Key Performance Indicators System Pay Back Following Over 10 Years Of Continuous Maintenance Optimization
- What CBM technologies are there?
- What are the lifecycle estimates of CBM systems, and how much will they cost to maintain?
- CBM cost-benefit analysis
- How easy is it to implement?
Tom Dietrich, Acting VP of Vehicle Maintenance, Chicago Transit Authority
11:40 Questions & Discussion
Case Study - FTA /NYCT Safety In Resiliency Program
11:45 How To Make The Most Of Track/Wheel Interface Systems To Make Your Equipment Last Longer And Your Customers Happier
- Understand how issues on the track may influence the train or issues on the train may influence the track
- Improve the track geometry map
- Cost benefit analyses
Albert Wahba, Program Leader: The Rail Vehicle and Track Optimization (RVTO) program, National Research Council Canada
12:00 Questions & Discussion
12:05 Best Practices In Configuration Management - Ensuring That Changes Will Not Affect The Rest Of The System
Configuration management when done right will ensure things remain the same in the fleet when some areas are modified.
- Developing checks and balances to ensure everything remains the same configuration.
- Upgrading the systems in a logical manner to achieve a new configuration
- Overlaying and working two systems during implementation of new technology
- Possibilities for using simulation programs
Daniel Tinsley, Acting Chief Mechanical Officer - Rail, Chicago Transit Authority
12:25 Questions & Discussion
12:30 Lunch in the Networking Exhibition Area
MODERNIZING AGING FLEETS WITH NEW TECHNOLOGY
13:30 Practical Implementation Of Modernization Possibilities, Using Modern Technology And Methods On Legacy Rolling Stock
- Having Knowledge of your Funding Stream
- Knowing your Fleets and your vehicle platforms inside and out
- Return on Investment, Commercial Viability
- "The Silent Killer", NRE and other costs
- NYCTA - Example of a focused multi-discipline "modernization"
Richard Stelmach, Deputy Director, Modernization Knorr Rail Service, Knorr Brake Company
13:45 Questions & Discussion
Operator Case Study - Positive Train Control
13:50 How To Rollout A Positive Train Control System With No Disruption To Services
- Different systems and their pros and cons
- How to co-ordinate implementation with normal workforce tasks
- How well was it configured across the fleet?
Understanding the costs
- Can I take advantage of the changes by introducing new maintenance technologies at the same time?
- Overcoming technical challenges in training, installation etc
- How do we make PTC more reliable and how do you reduce your predictive as well as reactive maintenance costs on it?
14:10 Questions & Discussion
Operator Case Study - Communication Based Train Control
14:15 Managing Reliability Centred Maintenance During The Implementation Of Communication-Based Train Control Without Affecting Service Reliability
This real-life case study will describe migration from one maintenance system to another during a CBTC implementation. Critically, the role of the maintenance department is to ensure that trains are still running whilst modifications are being made.
- How do you introduce new maintenance technologies and spare parts management when you put in a CBTC system?
- What systems and technologies are out there and what are their pros and cons?
- How much time does it takes to implement new systems and bring them online?
- Evaluating return on investment
Vernon Hartsock, Chief Engineer, Maryland Transit Administration
14:45 Questions & Discussion
14:50 Reserved For Conference Sponsor
Gorka Parada, CEO, NEM Solutions
15:10 Questions & Discussion
15:15 Refreshment Break In The Networking And Exhibition Area
15:45 How To Be Able To Introduce Affordable Passenger Comfort Technology Such As Vibration, Acoustics And Wi-Fi Solutions
- How to improve the reliability of the fleet whilst improving the customer experience.
- Justifying your investment.
- What system would be most appreciated by the passengers?
16:10 Questions & Discussion
16:15 Bearing Life Cycle Optimization And Digital Maintenance
- Enabling Condition Based Maintenance with SKF Insight Rail
- How to extend the bearing maintenance interval with confidence while reducing maintenance costs
- Building the Digital Maintenance: real cases from the field and laboratory tests
Maurizio Giovannelli, Business Development Manager, SKF Insight Rail
16:30 Questions & Discussion
Seasonal Preparedness Panel
16:35 How Can An Agency Prepare To Transition Its Maintenance For The Winter And Summer Months In Order To Avoid Service Disruption
Seasonal preparedness is a very important issue whether this is functioning in extremes of cold temperatures in the winter months and dealing with ice on the rails or preparing for extremely hot temperatures in the summer.
- Approaches in preparing for seasonal service
- Winter months challenges and solutions for maintenance
- Summer months challenges and solutions for maintenance
- What technology is there to help?
17:15 Questions & Discussion
17:20 Chairs Conclusion
Clive Cashin, Rolling Stock Manager, Serco Middle East
Close of Conference
TOPICS AT A GLANCE
- Understanding How Technological Advancements Are Impacting The Future Of Rolling Stock Maintenance
- How To Optimize Your Maintenance With Predictive Analytics - Making Sense Of The Incoming Data
- Case Study Following The Successful Implementation Of Predictive Maintenance To Successful Outcome Giving Almost 100% Reliability Of Vehicles (unless they meet with an accident)
- Condition based maintenance - Case Study Looking At Key Performance Indicators System Pay Back Following Over 10 Years Of Continuous Maintenance Optimisation
- How To Make The Most Of Track/Wheel Interface Systems To Make Your Equipment Last Longer And Your Customers Happier
- Best Practices in Configuration Management - Ensuring That Changes Will Not Affect The Rest Of The System
- Modernising Aging Fleets With New Technology
- How To Rollout A Positive Train Control System With No Disruption To Services
- Managing Reliability Centred Maintenance During The Implementation Of Communication-Based Train Control Without Affecting Service Reliability
- How To Be Able To Afford Passenger Comfort Technology Such As Vibration, Acoustics And Wi-Fi Solutions
- How Can An Agency Prepare To Transition its Maintenance For The Winter And Summer Months In Order To Avoid Service Disruption