WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND
Learn how to:
- Comparing And Contrasting Approaches To Long Term Vehicle Condition Based Maintenance
- Replacing Legacy Equipment With State Of The Art Equipment And Understanding The New Requirements To Maintain And Operate This
- Evolving A Workforce That Is Able To Maintain And Operate Rolling Stock As We Continue Through The Lifecycle And Have Newer Systems Installed And Acquired
- Creating A Solid Structured Maintenance Plan To Achieve The Timely Completion Of Maintenance
- Cost Analysis Of Different Predictive Maintenance Technologies And Establishing The Return On Investment Of Implementing These Technologies
2019 SPEAKER PREVIEW
Rolling Stock Manager
Serco Middle East
Maryland Transit Administration
Bus Mechanical Officer
Chicago Transit Authority
Director, Passenger Rail Division - Office of Railroad Safety
Federal Railroad Administration, US Dept. of Transportation
Director, Reliability Centered Maintenance Planning
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
Acting Chief Mechanical Officer - Rail
Chicago Transit Authority
Asset Management Administrator/Report Developer
Regional Transportation District, Denver
Program Leader: The Rail Vehicle and Track Optimization (RVTO) program
National Research Council Canada
North American Passenger Rolling Stock Maintenance Summit 2019
Lessons Learned....Innovations....Benefiting From What Others Have Already Done
The North American Passenger Rolling Stock Maintenance Summit brings together major US passenger rail agencies with technologies providers annually to exchange information and best practices on how to bring down operating cost whilst providing better services.
The upcoming Summit, taking place on March 18-20 in Chicago will enable you to bring back information to help you make decisions and control costs. Information sharing with colleagues in other agencies will potentially enable you to better manage your priorities within the maintenance department and your overall maintenance schedule.
"Not just networking. Sessions are meaningful, with implementable advice, programs, case studies, and a good mix of both suppliers and authoritie"
"A rich opportunity to learn from one another and to help you justify the direction that you're recommending to your General Managers and CEOs - if you can show that other agencies are doing the same thing"
Obtaining innovative ideas about different approaches to problems is another benefit to the attendees of this event. Delegates will see how other agencies experienced a similar challenge, but tackled it in another way. If you are facing the same challenges as another agency in some cases there could be very large cost benefit in adapting their approach to your own circumstances.
What Can Be Done To Improve Reliability Through Maintenance Practices, Or Through Training?
The key to any solid maintenance program is the extension of the life expectancy of your vehicles. A good maintenance program must extend beyond the traditional useful life period of a vehicle. The North American Passenger Rolling Stock Maintenance Summit will enable transit agencies and other rolling stock operators to gain new information on current trends and maintenance practices and enable them to identify the most suitable approaches that would contribute to reliability.
What New Technologies And Overhaul Improvements Are Available And How Can US Agencies Implement These Successfully?
With federally mandated initiatives such as Positive Train Control being implemented, upgrades to rolling stock are becoming more widespread. Brand new modern rolling stock today features more electronic equipment with everything being controlled by computers. Meanwhile the industry needs evolving skillsets to adapt to these changes, so a transition in the workforce needs to happen.
Probably one of the most pressing issues right now for the public transportation industry, is the very wide funding gap between the needs of the industry and what they are actually receiving in terms of federal grants, making it very difficult for agencies to maintain, overhaul and replace their older rolling stock. Where does that capital investment come from? In the current very tight fiscal environment, how do you balance the maintenance needs with the budget?
"The whole industry needs to get smart... we can't do it overnight. You have to see the growth in the confidence of the entire industry... and that's a heavy lift"
Delegates Will Find Answers To Pressing Matters Such As:
- Comparing and contrasting approaches to long term vehicle Condition Based Maintenance
- Implementation of Positive Train Control systems without disruption of services.
- Replacing legacy equipment with state of the art equipment and understanding the new requirements to maintain and operate this
- Evolving a workforce that is able to maintain and operate rolling stock as we continue through the lifecycle and have newer systems installed and acquired
- Creating a solid structured maintenance plan to achieve the timely completion of maintenance
- Cost analysis of different predictive maintenance technologies and establishing the return on investment of implementing these technologies
- And many more
Rail agencies, fleet owners and technology providers are encouraged to share ideas and experiences throughout the programme, with ample time dedicated to Q&A with the audience.
Featuring perspectives from some of the US leading rail agencies, this conference is a must for any railway that is serious about implementing new technology and taking their maintenance strategy to the next level.
After the runaway success of last year's event in Chicago, here's what attendees had to say:
"Well organized conference with comprehensive content for you to take away for your business."
Chicago Transit Authority
"This conference addressed all of the key issues in an engaging and fresh way - it was good to meet with my peers to discuss industry developments, both present and for the future also"
"A thought provoking conference that allowed a number of areas to be considered and new ideas to take away"
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Meet Senior Decison Makers From
- Rail Agencies
- Metro Operators
- Rail Car Manufactorers
- Equipment Providers
- Technological Providers
With The Following Job Titles
COOs, VPs, Directors, Managers, Team Leads & Chiefs Of...
- Rolling Stock
- Asset Management
- State Of Good Repair
- Equipment Maintenance
- High Speed Rail
- Revenue Equipment
- Rail Car Manufacturers
- Rolling Stock Maintenance Services
- Equipment Suppliers
- CBM Technologies And Services
- Sub Contractors
- Fleet Management Services
- Manufacturers of Wheels, Axels, Gear Boxes, Traction Motors, Bearings
- Life-Cycle Extension Technologies
- Diagnostic Systems
- Data Analytics
- Automation Technology
- Maintenance Facility Design, Engineering and Construction Companies
- Motion And Fluid Control Technology
- Analytic Software
- Asset Management Services